Friday, April 29, 2005

Presidential drama

It's funny when you realize that some people's heads just aren't where they're supposed to be. Last night as Rachel, Sammy, Nicole and I sat down to watch The OC, we were met with an episode of "Malcom in the Middle." This is the equivalent of ordering a steak and being brought a bowl of cold cereal without milk. Apparently, due to the fact that the east coast did not get to watch the OC due to the presidential address, Fox decided to bump the show and postpone this weeks new episode until next week.


Well, when Malcom showed up instead of Ryan and Seth, I immediately jumped online to find out what was going on. You see, I had absolutely no clue the president was speaking last night. I don't know if this is my fault, or if the president has a terrible marketing coordinator. Anyways, I log into fox.com and click on the OC page. Sure enough, it has all this stuff about next week's show. Well I hit the message boards, because there's always some psychos in the chatrooms and message boards that know way too much about whatever the topic of the day is.

People were freaking out! One guy/girl posted a message that said "Fox u r so dumb! Nobody wants to hear the president speak! We want the OC! I'm boycotting ur station til next Thursday!" That'll teach 'em you idiot. People were just going off....on Fox, on Bush, on anyone. Some guy wrote a mock post saying that what happened was that Ryan's brother raped Marissa on the beach, and that got a couple hundred angry replies talking about how "Trey would never do that" and "That is so mean to suggest someone would rape Marissa." WOW. These message boards creep me out.

However, there was one post that made me chuckle:

Poster 1: The OC was on here! Thank God for CTV!!!!
Poster 2: What's CTV?
Poster 1: Canadian TV! We got to see it up here, and it was great!
Poster 2: Lucky you, but you still live in Canada.

On a personal note, my leg is about 85% today. Yesterday turned out to be not nearly as bad as I was anticipating. The first few hours were pretty hellish, but after lunch my leg started to loosen up and it only hurt if I used the stairs or tried to run. Actually yesterday turned out to be a pretty amusing day. The place was dead in the afternoon, so we were forced to communicate and get along, and I got to know my co-workers a little better. There's an interesting dynamic going on there. There's a few part timers that are also students, and then there's a group of older people that never went to college. Then there's me....recently graduated and couldn't find anything else. There's a couple other people like me. I guess we're tweeners. You can tell who's who just by the conversations that happen. None of the college people come to work on a Thursday morning talking about how they were "drunk off their ass at Shari's late last night."

1 comment:

  1. Very descriptive blog, I liked that bit. Will
    there be a part 2?

    my web-site reputation management agency

    ReplyDelete