Thursday, April 14, 2005

High School Memories

OUR SENIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL

What year was it?
1996-97

What were your three favorite bands?
Oooh, I'd have to say Sir Mix-A-Lot, Lila McCann and probably Puff Daddy and Ma$e....I used to listen to that "Can't nobody hold me down" song every day on my way to Burger King for a crossainwich when I skipped Journalism with JR.

What was your favorite outfit?
I guess just jeans and a t-shirt....don't really remember all that well. I used to like baseball gamedays when we got to wear our jerseys to school. Man I'd kill to have a '97 Wildcat throwback

What was up with your hair?
Not much different from now....only difference was a little less gray.

Who were your best friends?
Senior Year, my best friends were probably JR and the girls on the basketball team. That's who I hung out with the most.

What did you do after school?
In the fall I'd go running or play hoops to prep for basketball season....then winter was bball practice and spring was baseball practice. I remember some days in the spring I'd have to be at school at 5:30 in the morning for Mayfest rehersals, then I'd be there til 7 or 8 with baseball. Funny thing though....I loved every minute of it, and I never got worn down. A 14 hour day now might put me in a coma.

Where did you work?
Ha! Work! At that point I didn't know what work is....although I guess you could contest that I still don't.....during the summers I'd bale hay for my dad and work hoops camps.

Did you take the bus?
Only for sports related activities.....I technically should have been going to West Linn, so no buses ran by my house.

Who did you have a crush on?
Let's see here.....I had crushes on a lot of girls that year....Cassi Buell, Sarah Leitch, Lynnelle Smith, Jen Draney, Keely Thompson and Sarah Ashcraft are the first ones to come to mind.

Did you fight with your parents?
Wow....I remember I had one huge fight with each of my parents that year. The first one was with my mom....she overheard me telling Grant about a party I was at where there was drinking going on, and she blew a fuse. Just started crying and talking about how she couldn't trust me and all this stuff. I fired right back at her...called her stupid for ever thinking I'd touch alcohol and for eavesdropping on my conversation. We ended up seeing each others points and everything was ok.

The fight with Dad was just pure comedy. JR and I had gone golfing one Saturday. While we were right in the middle of our round, JR got a page from our American Legion baseball coach. He'd scheduled a spur of the moment practice or something. Well, since JR and I had already been told we'd see limited action on the Legion team so they could look at the younger guys, we said screw it and pretended that we never got word of the practice. Well after the practice we met up with some girls at JR's apartment to watch a movie. Dad, who had come to Wilsonville for the practice, drove by JR's when we didn't show at practice. He just lost it....Copenhagen was flying everywhere, talking about how I had made a commitment to this team and this that and the other and ordered me to go home immediately. I tried explaining that we were golfing and hadn't even known there was a practice. Didn't matter...he was yelling so hard that his face was purple. I was trying not to laugh, but I was also pissed off that Dad had shown me up in front of JR and the girls. He ended up being over it by dinner time though, and I was able to meet back up with everyone to watch the second movie we'd rented.

Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?
Lila McCann

Did you smoke cigarettes?
Does a bear shit in the urinal? Of course not!

Did you have a 'clique'?
I was like the anti clique. I hung out with everyone. Problem was that my friends all hated each other, so I could never do anything with all of them.

Did you have "The Max" like Zach Kelly and Slater?
I guess you could consider Chili's...although it was nothing like that. We spent a lot of time hanging out at Baskin Robbins....locking the Myers sisters in the freezer and stealing ice cream cakes....that was fun until the owner installed video surveillance.

Admit it, were you popular?
I think everyone knew who I was, but most people thought I was weird or dorky or something. The fact that I was good at basketball and baseball definitely helped my popularity though....got me voted friendliest in our class.

Who did you want to be just like?
In high school I was determined to be unlike anyone else. I think I did a fairly good job.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
At that point I had no clue.

Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?
Definitely not working for 8 bucks an hour...I did have this plan to be married by 25 and having kids by 27.....clock is ticking I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment