Monday, April 4, 2005

If I could teach the world...

If I die and am reincarnated, I want to come back with a british accent.


I wonder if British people think that American accents are sexy. I don't particularly think that we North Americaners have "sexy" accents. Well maybe people from the south...that twang is pretty intoxicating. Although it helps if the girl is gorgeous. I don't think I'd classify a 300 lb woman with a few teeth and a baby on each hip as "sexy" just cause she has a drawl.

I have a job interview tomorrow. I'm optimistic about this one. I applied for a job at the Corvallis Clinic a few months back, but was turned down for (surprise!) lack of experience. But yesterday I got a call from the lady I interviewed with and she asked me to come back and interview for another position there. She told me that I was one of their very top candidates last time, and that she really wanted me to come back in. When I told her I was still interested, she goes "oh good! I was holding my breath hoping that you still were available." So that sounds encouraging. However, I've been down this road before. I have no doubt that they'll find me competent and capable of doing the job, but lack of experience is hanging around like a monkey on my back. Not a cute little rally monkey either. We're talking one of those enormous killing monkeys in the movie Congo. I won't be sad to see him go once I'm gainfully employed.

Baseball season officially started yesterday. That made for tv start between the Yankees and Red Sox doesn't count. They were playing spring training games the same day for pete's sake. How does that constitute opening day? If the game had been played overseas, then I would've permitted it. Although the idea of playing regular season games at neutral sites seems odd to me, I understand that they do it to ensure that managers play their best players and that fans from other countries get a chance to see the people they only know from commercials and highlight reels. If they play overseas, I understand starting a day or two early, just so that they have time to adjust when they get back to the states. Nobody should have to play baseball the day after an 18 hour flight. You shouldn't have to do anything but breathe after that.

I got a call from my sister yesterday. That was about the best surprise I've had in a while. I hardly ever get to talk to her anymore. Growing up, Grant and I didn't exactly get along with our step-siblings. But by the time we grew up enough to know that Colin and Erin weren't going to steal any of the love that normally came to us and realized they were as much a part of the family as we were, I was off to college. As a result, Grant was always closer with them than I am. So hearing from Erin was great. Really made my day. I can't believe she's graduating from college this year too.

Alright, I'm out...enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment