Monday, April 11, 2005

Lila McCann sighting

Well it looks like Lila McCann is releasing an album. This would be her fourth. For those of you who don't know, Lila McCann is a 23 year old country music artist who is from Steilacoom, Washington. I've sort of been a fan of hers for about 8 years now. Ok I've been a huge fan. I even joined her fan club a few years back in the hopes it'd get me a chance to meet her. This is my one and only celebrity crush. You'd think I'd pick somebody super famous like Alyssa Milano or Britney Spears. No, I pick a country music artist whose career peaked when she was 15. Personally, I think she has some great songs that nobody ever heard, but then again, I'm a huge fan. I saw her in concert twice in two days a few years back. The summer I was in Colorado, I flew back to Oregon to see her in concert.




Maybe I had a crush on her because I figured 'hey she's not THAT famous.' Like I had a chance or something. What a retard. That's like saying 'I'll bet I could beat David Duvall in golf cause hey, he's not that good anymore.' Right. The autographed picture I got at the Benton County fair now sits in my closet because Rachel thinks it'd be strange to have a picture of a teenage girl up on the wall that says "To Andy, love Lila." She's probably right. But I don't think I'll ever throw it away either. I can't even sell the thing on Ebay since it's personalized. Not that it'd fetch a good price even if it wasn't. I doubt there's too many other Andy's out there that have all of Lila McCann's albums, a poster and are like "I really wish I had a personalized autographed picture."



You know the Friends episode where they make lists of celebrities that they could sleep with if they ever got the chance and not face the consequences from their boyfriends/girlfriends? Whenever someone asks me that, the list always starts with Lila McCann. But I'd imagine she's all but lost celebrity status. Does that mean I have to take her off my list? What are the bylaws of the list? Does anyone know? I'd also be interested to see who is on other people's lists.....so cough 'em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment