Thursday, April 28, 2005

Longest day ever?

Today very well could be the worst day of my life.


Last night while playing basketball at Timberhill, I got a rebound and headed up court on a fast break. The only guy between me and the hoop was this little guy shaped like a brick. He was probably between 35 and 40, and there was no doubt that I was going to blow by him for a lay-up. However, this little assassin decides it would be a good idea to throw his body in front of me. He knew he wasn't going to draw a charge - he very well could've still been running when we collided. Anyways, thanks to this guy's hatchet job, I now have a deep thigh bruise. Sleeping was painful. I thought Shaq was kind of a wuss for saying "I can't really bend my leg" but he's not kidding. I don't think I could be effective in a basketball game for the next few days. Now I have to go to work, where I walk around all day. This is going to be torture. I'm not even kidding, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through this day. Just walking down the stairs this morning, I had to hold the hand rail with one hand and brace myself against the wall with the other hand and put both feet on a step before advancing to the next one. I still haven't figured out if I'm going back up or saying screw the dress code and working in shorts and a t-shirt with flip-flops.

In other news, I was turned down for the job at Oregon State. I kinda saw that one coming though. I just didn't really feel a vibe with the people interviewing me....like we weren't the same kind of people. Guess that's why they work in the Ag department and I won't.

In still other news, Joel and I booked our flight to Florida for Vince's wedding in June. I'm pretty excited. We booked a package through hotels.com and got a round trip flight, four night stay at La Quinta, and a rental car for just under $500 a person. Only minor drawback is that we have to fly out of Seattle, but that's really not that big of a deal. If we were to fly out of Portland, the flight alone would've been about $410 a person.

That's about all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment