Monday, December 13, 2004

Why Me?

Told you there'd be a few more posts today. I just got a call from a guy who never received his tickets in the mail for a game last week. He's just calling now about this mind you. He ordered a 7 game package and he's calling a week after the first game to see where his tickets are. Apparently, because he ordered less than two weeks prior to the first game, his seats were put at will call. He was under the impression that they would be mailed, a valid assumption. But the tickets don't show up the day before the game, and he still doesn't call. The game passes and he doesn't call. A week later, he complains that he never got his tickets and wants a refund. Now, even though this whole situation seems ridiculous to me and you should never be refunded after the fact, I could still let him get away with this and not blast him on Livejournal. But....this genius lives in town! It would've taken him 10 minutes to drive over here and check and see if his tickets were here. He knew they were paid for from his credit card statement (he told me as much). There's no way he cared about going to that first game. Yet he wants a refund for them. So, in the nicest I possibly could, I asked if there was a reason he didn't call prior to the Colorado game to check on his tickets. He gets mad at me and says "that's not the issue. The issue is I didn't get my tickets on time." So I have to bite my tongue and give this guy free tickets to an upcoming game. This is why anyone who deals with customer service should be paid well and given as much time off as they request. Absolutely insane. I'm in shock that this guy just got away with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment