Thursday, December 2, 2004

At least Bobby D knows my name

Today started like any other day of work. Got there early for some reason. Really that meant that there'd be an extra half hour of me doing nothing. But today I actually had something to do. Count unpicked up tickets from last nights game to protect us on the off chance we get audited. While doing that, I noticed that we had way too many tickets for one of the sections. Turns out we'd overprinted student tickets and could've potentially handed out the tickets where the band sits. Good job Andy. Got a pat on the back. Then some guy called and got pissed because he hadn't got his bowl application yet. I was trying to be nice, and explain that it might've been lost in the mail, but it's hard to be nice when the guy already thinks you're wrong. I tried to explain that we mailed out all the bowl applications and that his wasn't being held back. He was sure we were withholding his application. He thought he knew what the problem was (it wasn't the problem) and wouldn't give me a chance to tell him what we could do to rectify his problem. So I stopped trying. It was the first time in a year and a half working there that I had anything close to a dismissive tone with a customer. And wouldn't you know it? This guy's a real crusader for the right of the customer. He emails the athletic director to say how unpleasant his conversation with "Andy from the ticket office" was. He emailed the ticket director, who in turn emailed my supervisor. So I had to have a meeting with my supervisor, where I explained the situation. Thankfully, she was understanding. She knows that I'm never rude to customers, so I was given a talk about "smiling over the phone" and that was it. The guy said he was going to come in and pick up his bowl app in person, but by 2:00 pm he hadn't shown. Given the urgency with which he seemed to need this application, this seemed a bit humorous to me. Whatever. I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment