Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Now it's time to say goodbye,

Not for good don't worry. Just for now. I'm heading to Wisconsin tomorrow, so this will most likely be my last post for a while. I saw the low there last night was 18 degrees. And people willing live there?


Spending Christmas away from home for the first time. When you get into a routine for 24 straight years and then you decide to do something different, it's a little strange. I'm sure I'll have a great time with Rachel's family, but I'm wondering if Christmas Eve when we're doing things the way they do things if I'm going to get a little sad. I guess we'll find out. And while I think Grant's overreacting a little bit about XMas being moved from Corvallis to Portland for us this year, I do understand his point. It's just not going to be the same. Especially since Mom and Skip replaced all the carpet downstairs with wood flooring. I'm sure it'll look great, but I've always been a carpet guy. You can't wrestle with the dog on a wood floor, or lay down and watch a movie. Plus it's colder on your feet. Not cool. But hey, it's their house, and I still love 'em.

There's been talk of Rachel and I hosting a New Year's Eve party here. Not sure what the likelihood of that happening is, but just the idea that it might be happening is exciting. We don't do much entertaining here. A couple times we had people here on Saturdays for football games, but I usually had to leave to work and didn't get to hang out. Only other time we have people over is when Sammy and Nicole come over to watch The OC. Even if the party is kind of lame and we just listen to some Christmas CD's and drink Pepsi and make small talk with my cousins and whoever else shows up, it'll be good times.

Ok off to work for one more day, then two weeks of freedom. I like it. If I don't talk to y'all, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment