Friday, December 10, 2004

It's the end of the world as we know it

Despite all my best efforts, it happened.


I graduated from college.

Seven years, three months.

One frat, one house, two dorms and three apartments.

12 different roommates.

4 different majors.

I've been in Corvallis longer than most restaurants.

You'd think I'd be happy to be done. I am. But there's a part of me that knows I'll never have it as good as I've had it these past 7 years again. If my life were a tv show, there'd be a montage of my greatest moments playing to Green Day's "Time of your Life" right now. Rushing the field after OSU ended the losing streak. Watching Dave eat shit on Ralph Miller Court during a contest during a volleyball match. Partying it up at the villa. Trips to the beach, bowl games, and Colorado. Playing hoops at Dixon. The Jankies. "I got a little bit of ID."

There's a few people I'd like to thank:

My Parents for continuing to fund the farce that was my academic career
All the people that told me not to drop out cause I'd regret it
Dominic Nicandri and David Crow for making me laugh so hard I hurt
Steve Cooney and Joel Fowlks for always listening to my ridiculous thoughts.
Anna Weinman for hooking me up with a job in the Athletic Department
JR Janes for just being a true thug and having my back no matter what.
The entire Chi Omega sorority for...well they know.
Sue Kamman for reminding me that there's people like me out there.
Shari's Restaurant for always being open.
My brother Grant for reminding me that it's ok to goof off and still find time to get work done.
Garth Appanaitis for watching every World Cup game with me regardless of time or location.
Colin and Erin for claiming me as a brother in spite of my ridiculousness.
The rest of my family for always supporting me.
Finally, Rachel for righting my ship and getting me back on course. And for loving me too. And for paying for stuff while I'm trying to find for a job. For putting up with me and me-centered world. For all you do. I love you.

And a special thanks to everyone else that I met during college. I'm sure I never would've ended up who or where I am without you.

One last thought.....can I now go to reunions for the classes of '01, '02, '03, '04 and '05?

No comments:

Post a Comment