Thursday, December 23, 2004

Merry Christmas everybody, take a picture everybody

I've now been in Wisconsin for a week. A few observations:


*Regardless of where my plane is going or who is sitting in front of me, they will ALWAYS lean their seat as far back as possible as soon as the announcement is made by the captain. This never fails. Pisses me off.

*They need to reduce the size of carry-on luggage. I know that you paranoid people out there are going "I'll never check my bags, they might get lost." I've flown quite a bit over the course of my life, never lost my bag. Neither has anyone else I've known. Hear me out on this one. It takes like 30 minutes for the people in the back of the plane to get off once the plane has pulled up to the gate. This is because everyone has 2 carry-on bags, and they cram them into the overhead bins and it takes the tall strong guy in seat 8A to get it out. This slows down everyone. Then the process is repeated for every passenger. This is also the reason I was standing in the little tunnel to the plane in Minnesota for 10 minutes when we were boarding. Those tunnels aren't heated people! It was 15 degrees. We're all standing there while people block the aisle trying to cram their carry-ons into the bins. My rule is that if you have wheels on your carry-on because it's too heavy to CARRY...it's not a carry-on. People should only get one carry-on.

*To the lady who decided to put frozen bagels and christmas greens in her nylon carry-on bag so it dripped all over Rachel and me, I hate you. You didn't even apologize. You are a bitch. Why you froze bagels for a cross country flight to New York is beyond me. Why you put tree clippings in with the bagels is simply outside the grasp of my understanding. Are there no bagels or trees in New York? I thought that New York was like the bagel and tree capitol of the world! Again: Lady you suck.

*Everyone goes to church in Wisconsin. Very unlike Oregon.

*Roughly 20% of the church going population wears Green Bay Packer gear to church. I would not have believed it unless I saw it. Actually, I was one of the 20%. We were going to a Packer party right after church and as such wore our "Sunday Best" to St. John's Catholic Church in Muscoda (pronounced Mus-co-day). I was told that I wouldn't be allowed in the house without some Packer gear on, so as an early christmas present, Rachel's mom bought me a Packer shirt...very nice.

*It takes less than 10 minutes for piping hot chocolate in a thermos to get cold in sub zero temperatures while grilling burgers in the driveway. I know. I tested it.

*The Three Year Christmas Curse is back. I've already been trounced at dominoes (twice) a game called Shuttles, and Battleship. And I broke the Persinger's garage door. I'll write more about the Three Year Christmas Curse later, when I have more time.

*They eat well in Wisconsin. Very well.

*As I've had a high speed internet connection for the past 4 years, I've often wondered if it was really necessary, if I was wasting a bunch of money I didn't need to, especially since I don't download music anymore. Let me tell you, a week of dial-up here has convinced me that it's well worth the $40 a month.

*The 48 inch HDTV that the Persingers have is AWESOME. I watched most of a crappy football game the other day just because it was in HD. Very cool.

*Snow isn't as fun when it's so cold that you can't pack it.

*Snowplows are a valuable asset to any cold weather community.

That's it for now.....Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment