Monday, February 28, 2005

Return of the bumpasaurus

Looks like I'm moving back to Portland.....


Rachel said she's going to take that job in Vancouver if she's offered it. She seems confident about it - the lady that would be hiring her had two of her classmates as interns a few summers back. So if she liked them, I'd imagine she'd be more inclined to hire Rachel as well.

JR is going to try and hook me up with a job. I can't afford to play the waiting game anymore. I need money like whoa. So if he can get me a job, no matter the pay, I gotta take it. I just picked up my paycheck from the ticket office....$129.80 - FOR THE MONTH. That ain't gonna pay the rent. Or the bills. Or buy food. Or health insurance. Actually, it'd just barely cover health insurance....but you get the point.

In a sidenote, because season ticket renewals for football are going out, I got called into the ticket office to help last Thursday and Friday. I worked more in those two days than I did in the last month combined....21.5 hours. And the funny thing is, those days flew by. Here it is not even noon and I'm already looking towards the door wondering when Rachel's coming home. I'd rather put in 11 hour days than sit on my ass anymore. Just give me something to do.

Quote of the weekend goes to Grant. When told that Skip, our stepdad, was thinking about taking us all on a backpacking trip for graduating and that our gift would be keeping the backpack and sleeping bag, Grant responded "The whole reason I worked so hard to graduate is so that I'd never have to wear a backpack again."

That's really all I have right now. I'm kind of disappointed that this entry doesn't have more teeth to it. Right now I'm really frustrated with myself, and it makes it hard to write anything with substance. Some people write their best when they're conflicted or stressed out. I write my best when I'm happy and care-free. I'll work on improving my mood by the end of the week, and come with something great by Friday. And you can take that to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment