Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Now don't that beat all....

Now I consider myself a pretty confident person. I don't need to put others down to feel better about myself. It takes a lot to embarrass me. (By the way I had to look up how to spell embarrass....I thought it only had one set of double letters, but I couldn't remember which one. Looks like I was wrong either way.) Dave and I sang karaoke this weeekend and it was so bad that even I left after it was over. But I didn't feel embarrassed....it was fun. We went bowling and the blacklights showed off the fact that I'm terrible at laundry by showing detergent stains all over my legs. I didn't really care. But I found something today that embarrassed me....and embarrassed me bigtime.


Now living with Rachel is great. I love it. I get well cooked meals, a clean house and a cuddle buddy every night. In exchange I have to do a few things like kill spiders, make the bed, and get things off the high shelves in the kitchen. Another one of my duties is laundry. So I'm over doing the laundry today and as I'm moving the clothes from the washers to the dryers, what should pop out but one of her bras. Now this is no ordinary bra....this is some fancy bra that can't go in the dryer. So instinctively, I pick it up and put it in my pocket, much to the horror of the guy tending to his laundry next to me. Our eyes met and I instantly knew that he thought I was the second coming of Sung Koo Kim, the most famous panty thief of all time. Now I thought about explaining myself, but if you see a guy with a handful of women's underwear stuffing a bra in his pocket and he says "oh I'm just doing my girlfriend's laundry" what are you gonna think? So I just stayed silent and pretended I was invisible, which was hard to do since I had a wet bra in my jeans pocket. I might have the Corvallis Police knocking on my door in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment