Tuesday, February 22, 2005

That's funny I don't care who you are

I'd like to read you all a little something I got in the mail today. It goes a little something like this:


Congratulations, Andrew Lasselle. You have been referred for nomination to The National Dean's List...one of the highest academic honors tha can be bestowed on college students. In order to receive this honor and take advantage of all it offers, you need to send us your biographical information by the deadline shown below.

....P.S. Only 1/2 of 1% of our nation's college students receive this award. We commend you for your accomplishments.

Are you kidding me? Are they talking about the same Andrew Lasselle? This Andrew Lasselle? The one who spent almost 8 years finding the path of least resistance to a degree? The Andrew Lasselle that withdrew or failed almost as many college courses as he passed? I took Sociology 204 three times before I passed with a D- that I had to beg for because I wrote down the date of the midterm wrong. Once, in an attempt to avoid being kicked out of the university, I dropped every single class except basketball. It worked. I got a 4.0 and was restored to good academic standing. I took an F on a group project once to go to a concert. Joel once wrote that I dropped a class after finding out that it would be at the same time as Magnum, P.I. reruns. He was only half wrong. And these guys want me on the Dean's List? Apparently a teacher or dean or someone recommended me for this award. Who was this person? Are they being funny? I'm laughing. So was my mom when I told her. I'm filling out this thing and sending it in for the sheer amusement of the ordeal.

In other news, Rachel was asked to interview for a position in Cardiac Rehab at a hospital in Vancouver, Wa. today. Looks like moving to Portland might be what happens whether I find a job there or not. I'm excited about the idea of living in Portland again. I'm only know a handful of people here anymore anyways, and my best friends and family are in Portland anyways. Might have to abandon the idea of working for OSU's athletic department, but I can live with that. Plus, there's probably a better chance of opening a sports bar in Portland than there is in Corvallis anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment