Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Some observations

A few things I noticed today:


*I saw a sign on the freeway today that said "Speed 60 Trucks 55." I'm wondering: would you rather have all traffic moving at the same speed or have giant slow moving obstacles for the cars to dodge?

*I saw a semi-truck up ahead of me with a picture of the back of a head on it. The first thing I thought was "oh, that's Michael Jordan's head." HOW FREAKING FAMOUS ARE YOU IF PEOPLE CAN RECOGNIZE THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD ON A SEMI TRUCK FROM 100 YARDS? And seriously, does he really sell enough of his cologne to warrant an entire semi-full of it? I really wonder what it's like to be that famous. I don't know that I'd want to find out.

*I wonder what people think when they see me using my fingers as a gun when rapping along with 2Pac or Jay-Z? Or when I started moving my head along with Jimmy Buffet when he sang "fins to the left, fins to the right."

*I mentioned the fact that it would be fun to open up a sports bar in Corvallis to my dad and his friends at lunch, and all of a sudden they're getting all excited and thinking about going around to different sports bars to see what works and what doesn't. I think they need less free time.

Rachel has one of the most interesting sleep habits of all-time. If she's sleeping on her stomach, her legs will spontaneously bend at the knees like she's doing leg curls. They'll come up, hover for a while, then go back down. Does this for about a minute, then she's done. But the real treat is when she's sleeping on her back.

The other night I'm lying in bed, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, I hear a clap. I open my eyes to see Rachel, fast asleep, with her arms up in the air. Then she starts rubbing her hands as if she's putting lotion on them. Rubs it in there real good, then her arms kind of slowly fall away to the sides. A few seconds later, she starts pointing with one hand and making motions like she's conducting an orchestra or something. I just started laughing my ass off. It's seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen. She does this from time to time....I'm not sure what triggers it. It might be dreams, a stressful day at work, what she eats for dinner....I don't know. But I hope to find out so I can facilitate this behavior more often. I invite all of you to come over and watch my girlfriend sleep whenever you want. Admission is $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment