Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I wish I was in Tijuana, eating barbequed Iguana

Last night was the annual ticket office holiday party. I went, although I barely work there anymore. It's about the only time I get to see my boss Matt relaxed. He's a lot of fun when he's relaxed. The rest of the time, he's too uptight and stressed out to talk to any of us. But it was a good time bowling and joking around with him. He watches The OC too, so we had some good laughs about the show.

I guess I should preface this story by saying that apparently I was supposed to work a gymnastics meet last Friday. I got a phone call about an hour prior to the meet from Shannon asking me where I was. I didn't answer, knowing full well what it was. I'm not going to show up to work an event that I had no prior knowledge I was working. Well today, when I show up to the party Luann says "we were all worried about you, you know." I look at her kind with a confused look and say "you were?" And she's like, well yeah, you didn't show up for work Friday, and nobody's heard from you all weekend. I said "well one I didn't even know I was working last Friday, and apparently you weren't that worried because nobody called back or sent me an email or anything." She kind of shut up after that. I was amused.

Other highlights involved me slipping on the bowling lane and going ass over tea-kettle as my ball flew into the gutter, Jeanne doing the same thing on her next turn, and the conversation that Pam, Shannon and I had about the show "Lost." it went something like this:

Pam: So there's polar bears on the island?
Me: Yeah.
Pam: I thought it was a desert island
Me: Well, tropical, but yeah.
Pam: How can they do that? How do the bears survive?
Me: Well, it's a tv show, Pam.
Shannon: So how does the show work
Me: Well they're all trapped on the island, and the show basically shows their life on the island, mixed in with flashbacks to their lives before the island and how they came to be on the plane that crashed.
Shannon: There was a plane crash?
Me: Yeah, that's how the got to the island.
Shannon: So they didn't know the plane was going to crash?
Me: Ummmmmmm no.........none of them are psychic to my knowledge.
Shannon: Why would you sign up for a show that involved crashing a plane?
Me: What?
Shannon: I think these reality shows are going too far
Me (finally realizing that Pam and Shannon aren't completely retarded): Oooooohhhhhh! No it's not a reality show, it's a drama.

One of the strangest conversation I've ever had.

Alright I'm off on another fun day of job hunting and GTA. Holla at your boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment