Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Can ya dig it?

Thankfully, Rachel has assured me that the pain I'm having in my chest is more likely a strained intercostal muscle than a heart related issue. Phew.


The search for a job continues. It's hard when you know what you want to do, but that job is not available to you. I want to work for Oregon State in the Beaver Athletic Student Fund. Basically help raise money for the athletic department. I think I'd be good at it, and I would enjoy it. Unfortunately, there are no positions available. Even if one comes available, I'm not sure I would get it, based on what happened to me last time I applied for a job with them. I'm still in shock that I got a letter of recommendation from the lady who runs the BASF and I didn't get the job. Ridiculous. Last I heard, they might be adding someone in March, and she was going to keep me in mind. Don't know if she meant it. I'd like to think she did. But I realize that things don't always work out the way you think they should. So I'm stuck applying for jobs I'm not entirely interested in, and trying to motivate myself to apply and actively pursue these jobs. Not exactly an easy task, especially for me.

Did anyone catch Leroy on American Idol last night? That guy was awesome! He came in c-walking with a posse. Who does that? His whole idea was to be so entertaining that the judges would overlook the fact that he couldn't sing and give him a free trip to hollywood just to keep people watching the show. Not a bad idea actually. The guy got himself on national tv in a singing contest just by being a complete crackhead. He was stomping, clapping, telling Simon that "if he didn't put Jesus first, nothing mattered." Then he told everyone to "get crunk." He had a bunch of gold and platinum in his teeth, but he had false teeth covers or something that looked regular that he put in the for the show. He took them out and said "deez are my crunk teeth. Deez are fo' tv, (puts his regular teeth back in) and deez are fo' yo' mamma and daddy." It was hilarious. That is what I watch American Idol for...not the talent. The lack of talent. Awesome.

Alright, I'm out......Love is a many splendored thing....unless the one you love is splendoring someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment