Wednesday, January 5, 2005

I had a mink on she had one too

Just got done watching The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Grant got me the special edition 4 disc set for Christmas. The goddamn thing is 4 hours long! Took me two days to watch the whole thing. Ridiculous. Good, but ridiculous. Much like when I saw it in the theater, I had to pee for the last hour of the movie and kept wondering why the hell it wasn't ending. They'd saved middle earth and crowned Viggo Mortensen as their king, we didn't need to tie up any other loose ends! Just let me pee for God's sake.


Got another letter telling me that I was not selected for the next step in the hiring process today. Those things never fail to make you feel like less of a person. The thing that really gets my goat (love that saying.....I might get a goat just so I can say somebody got my goat and mean it) is that I know I stand a much better chance of getting the job if I get interviewed. I really think that I'm better in person than I am on paper. My resume doesn't do me justice. Working summers driving a tractor for your dad isn't exactly the job experience that people are looking for. I'm still really bitter that I didn't get that first job that I applied for back in October at the OSU Foundation.....I know that I was the best person for that job. The fact that I found out they hired a real awkward guy that doesn't really fit in irritates me to this day. Plus if I would've been hired for that one, I'd be trying to figure out how to squeeze in hours at the boys and girls club to complete my degree right now rather than trying to figure out how I'm going to pay rent next month.

Rachel went to bed at 9pm tonight. I got to stay up later than that when I was in 3rd grade. I don't know how she does it - work at a job that makes her so tired her nights consist of eating, showering, and heading to bed. I don't think I could do it, and I definitely marvel at her motivation at times. Makes me wonder where I could be right now if I had put half as much into my classes as I put into having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment