Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Living in domestica

So let's recap my day so far...

9 a.m. - wake up
9:15 a.m. - play Xbox
10:00 a.m - take laundry over to laundry room
10:15 a.m. - apply for job online
10:45 a.m. - transfer laundry from washers to dryers
11:00 a.m - chat

Pretty stellar, eh? I think this afternoon I'll run the dishwasher and maybe vaccuum. You know how I do.

Today actually marks the 18 month mark in my relationship with Rachel. Probably going "oh lord, he knows the exact date." Well, when you count from the 4th of July, it makes it easy. Pretty impressive, considering this is 9 times longer than any previous relationship I've had. We're celebrating by going to dinner and a movie tonight. Shows how times have changed. National championship football game on, and I'm going to dinner and a movie. And not even a sports bar and an action movie. Noooooo. I can admit it....I'm a little whipped. But then again, I think that's what a relationship is: mutual whippedness. At least a good relationship. My brother's whipped. He's cool with it. My dad's whipped. He might be a little too whipped, but whatever. He's happy.

Two years ago, if you'd have told me that there was an Xbox game called Dance Dance Revolution, and what you did was dance on this pad according to arrows that show up on the screen, I'd have said "that is the dumbest idea ever." Yet there I was last night, eagerly waiting my turn to dance around in my bedroom while Grant did his thing to a song called "Moonlight Shadow." This may become a nightly thing with me, Rach and Grant. It's so fun, why I don't know. Grant got the idea to wear ankle weights while dancing.....could be onto something here.

Oh, and I need to publicly say thank you to my aunt and uncle for their generous unemployment check to me. They called it a christmas present, I call it rent for the next few months. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment