Monday, January 24, 2005

What's goin on in the world today?

Why is that talking in ebonics makes you sound cool, but writing in ebonics makes you look illiterate?


Me an mah peeps roll tru da hood lookin for da spot to bus' a cap in a foo'.

Anyways....Rach is sick today so I've become her caretaker for the day. Being sick for her sucks because now she's gonna stress out all day that Tama is going to lose all control of the classes, or worse. I can't imagine feeling that I needed to go to work because if I didn't the job wouldn't get done right. I suppose this is how dad feels sometimes when he leaves us out in the fields to bale hay when he's got something else to do.

I was sad to see that Johnny Carson died yesterday.....not because I felt any special bond to him....I can only remember watching one or two episodes of the Tonight Show when he was on it. But I think because he seemed like such a genuine person. I wonder what it is about certain celebrities that endears them to us. Rachel feels that way about John Travolta. I guess I know who we'll be drinking to on Joel's birthday.

Speaking of which, Joel's turning 26 on Thursday. While it may not make him feel old, it certainly makes me feel old. I went to see "In Good Company" yesterday. Topher Grace's character is 26, he's already divorced, drives a Porche and is head of ad sales for national sports magazine. When I'm 26, I'll be lucky to be making 12 bucks an hour. Looking back, there's definitely things I wish I would've done differently. Had I graduated when I was supposed to, I'd be 3 years into a job now. Although chances are good that if I'd graduated then, I'd have never met Rachel. That's the shitty thing about time travel. In order to change the bad things about your life, you inadvertently change the change the good things. I think I'll stick with what I got.

The livejournal community that has grown around Joel and me is great. Grant's starting to update more, Kate and Juli, Heidi...all journal writers. Joel has this grandiose plan to get more and more people involved and start these great discussions and whatnot. While I think it's a little far fetched, it's not a bad idea. I had a friend of mine from High School contact me via the livejournal. Hadn't heard from her since graduation. Livejournal: It's not just for depressed loners to write morbid song lyrics and talk about cutting themselves anymore.

That's all I have for now and remember a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush....unless the bird is scared and scratches the hell out of your hands with its talons, then I'd rather have a whole bushful of birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment