Monday, May 1, 2006

Phone woes

To piggyback a little off of Grant's blog, I too can comment on the phone problems our family has. While checking my messages on my old cell phone today, there was a 10 minute message from my dad. He didn't know he had called me, but I heard an entire conversation between him and Zeke about putting in a fence post. It was quite hilarious. And you thought flip phones eliminated accidental calls. HA!


I will say one thing about my friends. They are early risers. I probably get more text messages and phone calls between 5 and 6 am than anyone alive. Garth TM'ed me today to forward a text that Dave had sent him. Nothing like getting woken up to an inane text message at 5:45 in the morning. So I called him to yell at him. He's like "oh sorry dude, I figured you're a working man now, so you'd be up." He forgot I don't live in portland and don't take mass transit to work like him. I didn't have to be at work til 8, and I'm a 10 minute drive from the office.

I've started having dreams involving people that I'm not inviting to the wedding. I think this is the most difficult part of the whole wedding process. There's no way you can invite everyone. We sent out 100 invitations yesterday. If you figure that most people will bring a date, we're looking at 200 people if everyone shows up. Granted, some people are coming alone, but some people are coming with families. 200 is about the max we can afford to have. So of course, there's some people that if money and space weren't an issue, I'd love to have at the wedding. Apparently my subconscious wants them there too. I keep running into them and they keep asking me when their invitation is coming and what they should wear to the wedding. It's kind of irritating. I'd like to go back to dreaming about the crazy stuff I normally dream about...stuff like being trapped in the garage of a Tyrannosaurus Rex on Jurassic Park. Yes, the T. Rex had a house. And he wore a tool belt. It was whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment