Friday, May 5, 2006

Dreams become reality

So I think I'm starting to take my rec league basketball games too seriously. After struggling through another poorly officiated game on Wednesday, last night I had a seriously intense dream.


In it, I'm playing a game, and one of the refs from my league calls a bogus foul on me. I don't really say anything, but then he does it again, and again, and again. Finally I snap and start yelling "what is it with you?" and this guy goes nuts. He starts chasing me around the gym, threatening to kill me and all this stuff. I'm trying to figure out if I should take him seriously and get as far away from him as possible, or turn around and show him that Andy Lasselle is not one to mess with. Then all of a sudden, one of the development officers from work grabs me and says "no Andy, now's not the time. Let's go," and he shoves me in the back of a limo.

Rachel has now been gone for about 24 hours, and already I'm falling apart. I didn't think I ate that poorly yesterday, but then I realized that I had Burger King for breakfast on the way to work, two giant cookies on break, a bowl of cheerios for lunch, a strawberry citrus breeze at Baskin-Robbins in the afternoon, some cheese quesidillas and tortilla chips at our work party, about three bags of Scooby Doo fruit snacks, a diet dr. pepper, a piece of pizza, and some milk for dinner. One day without my fiancee, and I'm already back to being a grade-A bachelor. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment