Monday, May 15, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

Who's had this happen to them? Rachel and I head up to Portland for the weekend, and when we show up at my dad's house, we're promptly put to work putting up a fence. Now, I'm not bitching because I had to do yardwork on the weekend - I'm actually looking forward to one day having my own lawn and being able to do my own yardwork - I'm bitching because there was no "hey when you get up here tomorrow, we're going to be putting in the fence, do you want to help?" That just bothers me.....they knew we were coming, yet there was no mention of putting up a fence.


After dinner, Grant, Rachel and I headed to Chili's to meet Jon and Bryony. I think I set a record for most virgin strawberry daquiri's ever ordered in one visit with 3. I'm going to have to check with the Chili's manager, but i'd bet I'm pretty close. $3 isn't that bad of a price either!

Then it was off to my mom's house for Mother's Day. Of course, when we get there, we're hit with a "nice to see you! You can help us re-do the pond out back!" Again, no mention of this beforehand. So I say something along the lines of "what is it with my family and surprising me with manual labor?" to which my step-dad replies "Nevermind Andy, you don't need to do shit." Was that really necessary? Granted, my step-dad has been - how do I say this - a huge douche lately, but still......

Ah family life. Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment