Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Big Day

So yesterday was full of huge news. I know that recaps of my day aren't the most exciting blogs, but yesterday was so huge, it needs to be told.


So I'm at work yesterday when my phone rings. It's a lady I used to work with at the ticket office. She's moving, and she asked if I wanted to buy her house! She's selling it for a price that's in our range, it's in a decent area, and she offered to pay closing costs and the first month's mortgage for us! Since our lease here runs out on the day of our wedding, we're kind of in a pinch for a place to live, and it may just be time to become a home owner. So I'm off to the bank today at lunch to get an idea of what kind of loan we can get. I don't think we're going to find a better situation than that.

In other news, We were planning on having a barbeque at the Hanson Country Inn for our rehersal dinner. Well, apparently the ol' Hanson Inn double booked for that night. It seems that someone's getting married there that night, only the father of the bride told them the wrong date. When the mother of the bride realized the snafu, she apparently was able to convince them to bounce us, since we're "just a rehersal dinner." Only thing is, they're the ones that made the mistake, and we were in there first! I'm not very happy about this, but my mom is really furious, since she's the one that is organizing the thing. I wouldn't want to be the Hanson Country Inn right now, because they're about to feel the tornado of anger that is my mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment