Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So much stuff

What's more stressful than trying to plan a wedding? Trying to plan a wedding AND trying to secure a home loan to buy your first house at the same time! Due to a random coincidence, a lady I used to work with is selling her house and it happens to be in our price range, plus she's offered to pay closing costs and leave all the appliances. I'm not sure we would find a better deal than that. Only problem is that all the money we have right now is tied up in the wedding meaning we could only move in if we had almost zero up front costs. It's a daunting task. I've talked to like 3 or 4 mortgage loan people and I think we've got two more to meet with this week. It's very nerve wracking.


Last weekend was a busy one as well......met with the DJ, met with the priest, looked at a house, and had marriage preparation with our sponsor couple. The DJ was awesome.....I'm sure he's going to do a great job. Plus he loved our song selection - it's going to be a heck of a good time. Dinner with the priest was good, although he forgot the date of our wedding and couldn't remember my last name. I think he's one of those guys that can't get anything right until he's on the altar, then he's lights out good. No worries there. Though he did compare me to that douchebag Taylor Hicks. Just cause we both have gray hair does not mean I like the guy. I didn't even watch Idol last night, and not because I was doing something else. I was watching White Chicks. That's how much I'm over American Idol....I'd rather watch White Chicks than the final show. Tonight sounds a little better since they're bringing in all these stars and past contestants, but I think I'd rather watch Lost.

Marriage Prep is getting ridiculous. She gave me a question and I had to tell Rachel how it made me feel. The question was "when I'm home alone, I feel....." So I said something about how I feel 'off' because everything is the same, yet it doesn't have the same feeling to me. Like watching TV with Rachel is way different than watching it alone, you know? Well then Rachel was given a list of questions meant to further the conversation. Questions such as "on a scale of one to ten, how intense is this feeling?" or "Do you feel this way at any other time?" Some of the questions were just insane, like "what color is your feeling?" or "If your feeling was on this table right now, what would it be doing?" Just dumb stuff. I was floored when our sponsor couple told us that they do this exercise when they have a disagreement, or they don't think the other one is understanding them. At first I thought they were joking, because you'd have to be completely nuts to actually pull out these sheets and talk about your feelings like that. But they actually do. My take is that if you need a piece of paper to help you tell your spouse how you feel, you've got problems that might require professional help. That's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment