Thursday, May 11, 2006

Want to stalk someone? Molest a kid? Try MySpace!

What is it about this website? It seems like damn near every day I read a story on Cnn.com or watch a piece on the news about a girl getting raped by a guy she met on Myspace. There was a video of a girl getting beat up by a classmate while the classmate's mother watched on. Then yesterday, I hear that a teacher at an Albany school was arrested for feeling up his students IN THE CLASSROOM. On a hunch, I typed his name into the search thingy in Myspace. Yup, he's got one. Ty Topper. From his profile, you wouldn't think anything is wrong this this guy. Creepy. Is this thing like a breeding ground for perverts? I remember the first time I heard that 1 in 5 children were sexually solicited online, I said "you've gotta be kidding me." But now I'm not so sure. Who would've thought pedophilia would become a national epidemic? Just like everything else, a few people who abuse the priviledge are going to end up ruining it for everyone else. A few nutjobs hijack a plane, and now we're all suspects. One priest fondles his altar boy, and now they're all sexual predators. It's just sad that these people can't get the help they need, or don't even realize they need help.


Had the first person I thought was coming to our wedding tell me she couldn't make it last night. That was kind of depressing, but I'd be smoking if I thought everyone would be able to make it, or that they wouldn't have other plans. I mean, not everyone's world revolves around me. Well except for mine of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment