Saturday, January 27, 2007

What to do?

It's Saturday afternoon, and I'm just killing time. Rachel and my aunt went to Kohl's to do a little shopping, and I'm just sitting around waiting for the crab feed to start. It's a fundraiser for the Shriner's, and a good time every year. Plus, it's all you can eat crab!


Two things that aren't so good this Saturday: The Beavers basketball game and my exercising. Both stunk. The Beavs lost by 20, and I'll bet that Jay John says something in the papers tomorrow about how we just don't have the talent to compete, or that the players aren't good enough athletes or blah blah blah. He's been here 5 years. Every player on that team is someone he brought in. If they aren't good enough, why are they here?

My exercising was bad, because I realized that I'm probably going to have to shelve this whole marathon thing. My body just keeps breaking down....in particular my legs. If my knees don't hurt, then it's the arches in my feet. If those aren't hurting, then it's an ankle, or maybe a shin. It's just annoying. Rachel and I are toying with the idea of getting an elliptical, and maybe some non-weight bearing exercise will be what I need to get my endurance up and my conditioning up to the point where I can consider running again, but right now it's just not happening. Playing basketball is about the same. My legs just don't do what I ask them to really. It's not fun, and I don't really appreciate their lack of effort.

Two things that will be great....today is the crab feed, and it's also Joel's birthday! Make sure to wish him a happy one. I think we're hanging out with him later, but I'm not sure what we're doing. Have a good weekend y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment