Monday, January 22, 2007

The brilliancy of Rachel

I resumed my battle for HD and a DVR this weekend. I finally thought I had a leg to stand on in this argument after we spent $130 at Target on Thursday night on an armoire and sheets for the bed. I figured "hey, I let her buy whatever she wants, maybe she'll soften a little bit on this HD stance." So Friday night over dinner, I bring up HD again. I tried explaining that the $130 we spent at Target would be the equivalent of 6 months of HD. That's when she pointed out that I had just spent $120 to play basketball at Timberhill. One fell swoop, and my legs are cut out from under me. She's good. Then she says that she doesn't want to give into me because I'm not putting together a good arguement, and she'd feel bad giving in to a weak pitch, even though she knows how bad I want it.


Then the next day we go out to eat with some friends of Rachels. The HD/DVR topic comes up, and they can't stop raving about it. As soon as we say goodnight to them, Rachel's like "Ok, you can get it on Monday."

Let me just tell you how brilliant this move is. I feel great, because I feel that my pitch was going to be successful soon enough, yet she feels like she didn't give into me, rather she was convinced by someone else. Therefore, everyone's happy and Rachel still holds all the power in the relationship. A wise woman I married I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment