Thursday, January 25, 2007

Terrorists? In Corvallis?

So yesterday, I walk into my bosses office to ask her a question. And who should be in there but an armed state trooper! Highly unusual. So it turns out some guy wanted to make a donation, so he was getting wire transfer instructions. The guy had been taken around town by our development officers all morning, and had tours of campus and what not. Apparently, somewhere along the line he started to act suspicious, and it turns out this guy is a former student from some asian country who was kicked out of the library about 9 years ago for visiting terrorist websites. He was also recognized at the bank as "someone who likes to start trouble." The best part is that he's a twin, and the people at the library used to call him "evil twin." This story is nuts. So now like half the university is freaked out because this guy has their business cards and wire transfer instructions. Apparently everyone's been alerted, so we have some plan in place. Crazy, crazy stuff.


In other terrorist news....I had a dream I was watching the Major League Playoffs on TV and I was watching a game in New York, when the power went out at the stadium. So I switched to the game being played in St. Louis, but the power was out at that stadium too! So I get online, and it turns out that terrorists have figured out some way to flood the nation. So from coast to coast, the water levels were rising rapidly. It turned out that they got this information by killing 3 NOAA scientists. Because the water was rising from east to west, we had more time to gather our belongings. I remember looking out my window and seeing the water level rising slowly up the side of the house. It was pretty scary, but then I woke up.

I had to pee real bad.

I made my first random DVR recording last night. I'm trying not to record things that I normally wouldn't watch. You know, I don't want to be glued to my TV all weekend trying to watch all the things I recorded during the week. But last night I recorded Mozart's opera "The Magic Flute." Who knew that OPB had an HD channel? I kept seeing previews for this Magic Flute thingy at the movie theater, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Who knows when I'll watch it though. Maybe if it's raining on Sunday.

One of Rachel's patients brought in puppies last night. He breeds beagles, and is trying to sell them. I know that we want a dog, but we're not sure if we're prepared for the responsibility of caring for it. I know that if we're not ready for a puppy, we're not ready for a baby....so maybe we'll end up getting the dog just so we know we're ready to take on children in the future. The puppies won't be ready to come home for another week or so, so I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment