Monday, January 8, 2007

The Big Softy

So I've noticed a disturbing trend over the past few years....I'm getting increasingly emotional at movies.


Yesterday was my 6 month anniversary. Not something that really merits any applause, but hey it's a reason to celebrate. So Rachel and I went to Salem to watch a movie and eat at her favorite place, the Olive Garden. We saw the movie "We are Marshall." Great movie, although Matthew McConaghuey or however you spell his name portrays this coach as like a crazy man brought in from the mountains. It's pretty funny, but you think you're at a serious movie, and then he shows up. Anyways, there were probably 3 or 4 times during that movie that I had to literally focus on not crying. This never used to happen. I've seen movies way sadder than this, and I was fine. But now, everytime an injured player is told he can't play anymore, or everytime a dad is looking at a picture of his dead son, I start getting all emotional. I feel like all those people on the couch in the Kleenex ad. They don't know where it's coming from, but there the tears are.

I'm sure by the time I'm 40 I'm going to be crying like a baby at these movies. And I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment