Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Not for the faint of heart

So I realize that almost 80% of my readership is female, and this might not have the effect on you that it will a male, but bear with me. Any guy who reads this is going to go "ooooh" and make that face where your eyebrows wrinkle up and you exhale.


I was just getting dressed for work today, and I went to pull my jeans on. Now for whatever reason, I felt I needed to do this quickly so I did the whole sit on the edge of the bed, then grab them and jump and pull them up thing. Only I'd left my belt threaded through the loops last night. So when I jumped and pulled up, the belt buckle whacked me in the nads. No joke, I dropped to my knees and tears formed in my eyes. It was painful as hell. Took me about 10 minutes to regain my composure. I think there's a lesson here somewhere about never being enthused about going to work, but whatever.

Oh yeah, about the job....I quit at the oxygen factory. When Oregon State made the NIT, the ticket office begged me to come back and work for them. Albeit temporarily, I jumped at the chance to sleep in til 7 and work normal hours. Nevermind the fact I left a $10/hr job with potential for benefits for a minimum wage job with no benefits. For my sanity, I felt it was for the best. So I've been working for Oregon State for the past two plus weeks. I have a feeling they're going to let me go again at the end of this week, but I'm a glutton for punishment. I decided I'm just going to keep showing up until they tell me not to come back. Although I did get a call back yesterday about a job at a bank in Albany, so we'll see where that leads.

It's been raining like whoa around here lately. I know it sounds silly, but I love it when it rains. Gives everything this clean feeling. Plus, if you're gonna love Oregon, you're going have to learn to love rain.

Major League baseball kicks off on Sunday with a Yankees-Red Sox matchup. Didn't they just get done playing? I know that rivalries are great and all that, but can we please deal with some other rivalry? Yeah they hate each other. But it's been so hyped and so blown out of proportion that the players are starting to give WWE interviews.

"Schilling, what do you think about your opening day matchup with the Yankees?"

"Well you know Mean Gene, A-Rod is gonna wish he was never born when I get done with him. What ya gonna do, Alex? What ya gonna do with the Nation runs wild on you? When all the Red Sox of the past start haunting you in your sleep? WOOOOOOOO!"

Give me a break. I've never heard of a rivalry getting overplayed and overhyped, but I think it just happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment