Wednesday, March 9, 2005

dying a slow death

A few things I thought about today:


*Why is it bad to be a piece of shit, but good to be THE shit? And how come I never thought of this before?

*Is it possible to jump off the Portland State bandwagon before you even get on?

*After last night's little volcano show, doesn't Dante's Peak seem like a much scarier movie?

I was one of the lucky ones who got to witness the eruption live. I was driving downtown to the Big Sky Conference basketball tournament, and as I was going through the Terwilliger curves, I saw a very unnatural looking cloud. As I got closer to downtown, you could see the entire mountain and subsequent cloud. I actually saw it before the radio station made an announcement about it. That was pretty cool. I heard on the radio last night that the 1980 eruption lasted for 9 hours and went about twice as high, which is just a very very scary thought. Ironically, I saw an IMax movie in Seattle on Saturday about the 1980 eruption. Coincidence?

Joel's not the only one with cool coworkers. I think I'll start referring to the oxygen warehouse I work in as the gas chamber. A few tidbits I overheard today:

*I'd love to be a fighter pilot.....get in a dogfight in one of those bastards where it's kill or be killed? That'd be the shit!

*Hawaii has a state fish? That's weird.

*I'm thinking of taking an $8,000 loan out to pay off my credit card bills.

*Whenever I'm in my car, I can't find anyone to street race. But when I'm in my dad's car, I always pull up alongside imports that wanna race.

*My son knows his ass better be in bed by 10 pm or he won't have a bed the next night.

Yeah, they're real interesting people. I think my favorite guy is the asian dude who says 2 words a week and smokes like a chimney on his breaks. By the way, I find it hilarious that most of my co-workers smoke. We fill OXYGEN tanks for people who can't breathe on their own anymore. We service probably 2,000+ tanks a day. I'd guess at least 90% of those are going to people with problems that can be attributed to smoking. Wow.

Random song lyric of the day: "Hey might Brontosaurus, don't you have a lesson for us?" The Police - Walking in your Footsteps

Attention friends of Rachel and me: STOP getting married! It's expensive flying all over the states for weddings. Right now we're looking at 3 in 3 months: one in Wisconsin, one in Florida, and one in Maryland. I doubt we'll make it to all three. We might have each pick one and go. But we'll see. Maybe the gas chamber will provide enough money to fund these flights.

Michael Jackson allegedly licked a kid after giving him "Jesus Juice" in a soda can. Licked the kid on the forehead.

No punchline I insert here will be funnier than the sentences above. I'm serious.

Some guy named Scoop Jackson now writes for ESPN.com's Page 2. He wrote a manifesto of what he believes in. Some how he believes that Allen Iverson is the best player in the NBA, then names 5 players that he claims are better than AI. What? He goes on to do this again...."I believe marketing has ruined sports. I believe marketing is the best thing to ever happen to sports."

I'll tell you what I believe: I believe this guy is an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment