Saturday, March 26, 2005

Let the rain fall down....

Where's the rain? I got all excited when I looked at the forecast for today and it said "over an inch of rain possible." That's like a deluge, and those are fun. It's always nice to be indoors and look outside and see flash flood conditions. Sadly though, we've got nothing but stupid misty rain. What the crap? Nothing like a good rainstorm to make you feel good about sitting around the house all day. Lightning struck a tree outside Gill Coliseum the other day. The thunderclap was so loud I had to check the webcam to make sure that the football stadium hadn't collapsed. I seriously half expected to see construction workers running for their lives as Raising Reser Fell. Oh well.


Watched two movies I'd been meaning to see for a while now this week: Ray and The Passion. Both were good movies, but definitely not movies I'd plan on buying. I think it's got to be extremely hard to be an actor in a non-fiction movie. If you can't act exactly like the person you're portraying, the movie won't be believeable at all. Like remember in The Sandlot, when Babe Ruth comes out of Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez's closet? That guy reminded nobody of Babe Ruth. They had to explain to everyone that he was Babe Ruth because we couldn't figure it out ourselves. This is why Jaime Foxx won best actor.....he did a great job of playing Ray Charles. I bet if they released the final results of Oscar voting, Leonardo DiCaprio would've been runner up. But more people liked Ray than Howard Hughes, so there you go. The best acting job I've seen in a while was the chick that played Katherine Hepburn in The Aviator. She was awesome. I can't remember if she won an Oscar, but she should've.

I figured out I still have a shot at winning my bracket challenge pool, but in order for it to happen, Arizona needs to beat Illinois, Louisville needs to beat West Virginia, Michigan St. needs to beat Kentucky and UNC needs to beat Wisconsin. Then Louisville needs to beat Arizona and UNC needs to beat MSU, followed by a UNC over Louisville national championship. I don't like my chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment