Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Adios Corvallis

Well this is it. I've got a bag packed, and I'm headed to Portland. For the first time in almost 8 years, I don't know when I'm coming back to Corvallis. It's kind of sad. I've had a lot of good times here. Unfortunately, I picked a major that doesn't really help you get a job. And there aren't many jobs available here. So it's off to Portland. I can't thank JR enough for helping me out here.


It's really hard to leave Rachel. I'm sure when she agreed to move in with me she didn't think that I was going to say "oh yeah, and for the first 3 months, I'll be baling hay 70 hours a week...then when I get done with that, Grant will be moving in with us. And I think 9 months down the road, I'll run out of money and be forced to take a job in Portland, so I'll be moving out then too. Love you!" I certainly didn't plan to say any of that. It sucks. But she's stuck with me through it all. Sure she's complained every now and then, but she's allowed to do that. I'd be bitching a ton if it was the other way around. But I'm gonna do my best to make sure this is the last time something like this happens.

So, here I go....

"I'm gonna hitch my wagon to a wandering star. A guy like me can sure get far - with a little gas and a credit card....now that's a plan."

~Mark McGuinn - That's a Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment