Monday, July 9, 2007

Back in Oregon

After being in the car for roughly 55 hours over the past 10 days, it feels really good to do something else.....like stand up.


Our trip to Colorado was a great time. We visited two National Parks (Grand Teton and Rocky Mountain) and saw some great wildlife. Buffalo, bighorn sheep, moose, a fox or two, and an entire herd of elk, which was amazing. Sadly, I was unable to get any great pictures of any of these animals, just some blurry shots that may or may not be actual animals.

I got to see some people I haven't seen for almost six years, which was also fantastic. It was great to see Kindra again and it was like we had seen each other just yesterday. She started right in on my eating habits and my addiction to Pepsi. Rachel just nodded approvingly. For a second there it was like I had two wives. But it's nice to know that people are concerned about me.

No real strange things happened on vacation, which I guess you could say is a good thing, although it'd be nice to share stories with you.

The best story I guess would be about the little kid who was staying in the same condos as us. I was playing catch with Rachel's 10 year old cousin Brett and this kid comes running out to play with us. The kid just didn't know how to catch the ball, which was kind of sad. His glove was always turned the wrong way and he just looked like nobody had ever worked with him on it. But the kid thought he was great, kept saying how quick his reflexes were and all this junk. That made me not want to help him out at all. Brett threw him the ball, and the ball clanked off his glove and hit him square in the face. Looked like it hurt pretty bad, so I said "hey man, you ok?" and he replies "Yeah, I take shots like that all the time."

Well, ok then. Keep it up kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment