Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Is someone trying to tell me something?

So first I don't get into the accounting program at OSU (for this year at least)


Today I was told I was no longer being considered for the Account Technician job I applied for here at the Foundation.

Maybe I picked the wrong path? Who knows.

I did appreciate the fact that I was told that "the fact I already work here and no the people and procedures is a huge plus" right before being told I was no longer being considered. If I had this huge plus, how shitty were the drawbacks? They're looking for someone with an accounting degree, which of course I do not have, but I was told to kind of use the lady who vacated the job as a model.....a lady I might add who did not have an accounting degree!

All of this leads me to one conclusion: They never wanted to hire me in the first place, but figured they better at least throw me a bone since they have to see me every day. I can appreciate that on some level, but the fact that I'm no longer being considered despite the fact that there's nobody lined up for the job as of yet does sting a little. Not gonna lie about that.

There's a light at the end of this accounting tunnel, I know it. I just might be 45 by the time I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment