Monday, July 9, 2007

Work...who needs it?

Remind me why I work again?


Today consisted of these things:

~I was informed that I'd be getting a bonus. The bonus comes out to roughly $300 after taxes. Yippee.

~I was informed that I am eligible for a raise, if the compensation committee approves it. The compensation committee does not deal with me on a regular basis. If I am approved for a raise, the MAXIMUM I can get is roughly $600 for the year. That's BEFORE taxes. Double Yippee.

~ Apparently hardly anything got done while I was gone. While part of this can be attributed to a switch in computer systems, I believe a large part is directly attributed to the work habits of one specific co-worker of mine. Despite the lack of work completed, she's thinking of taking a day off this week to "recharge after the rough week." Also today we had a power outage that lasted roughly 45 minutes. About 25 minutes after the power came back on, this particular coworker decided that she was still entitled to her 15 minute break, despite the fact that we sat around doing nothing while the power was out. This 15 minute break came roughly 30 minutes prior to a going away celebration for our coworker. Between lunch, the power outage, the break, and the celebration, I'd say that she worked approximately 25 minutes in the last 5 hours of the work day today. Impressive. Oh, and we're still backed up.

~I was also informed that I did not get accepted the accounting program at OSU. The reason? I have not completed the 4 prerequisite classes that NOBODY IN THE PAST 6 MONTHS THAT I HAVE TRIED TO GET ANSWERS ON WHAT I NEEDED TO DO TO GET ACCEPTED TOLD ME ABOUT! So now I have 4 more classes that I have to take, and if I get a B average in them, I will be pre-approved for the '08 year. But wait, there's more! One of the classes is only offered fall term, and it's already full. Furthermore, I'm not even eligible to register for it because I'm not in the accounting program. The accounting program that I can't get into because I haven't taken this class. I'm really impressed with the whole process really.

No comments:

Post a Comment