Monday, July 16, 2007

Finally, some clarity!

I met with a guy from the accounting department at OSU today. Here's a brief synopsis of our conversation:


"You seem confused about our decision Andy."

"Well, I wasn't confused about the fact that you denied me, I was more confused about why."

"Well, they just changed the requirements, so your advisor was right. You don't need to take those classes because you were grandfathered in."

"Ok....so what was the problem?"

"You suck as a student."

"Ah. Gotcha. I figured that would come up at some point."

"Basically if you take one of those classes that are pre req's now per term for the next year and get A's and B's, you'll be in no problem. We just want to make sure you still aren't a retard about your classes."

"Makes sense to me....thanks for clearing that up."

"No problem."

Obviously he didn't call me a retard, but I knew what he was thinking.

We finally joined the 21st century and got wireless internet at our house. We figured it'd be easier for Rachel in the third trimester of her pregancy if she could access the internet from bed. Also, with a little Lasselle on the way, it'll be nice to have something to do while watching the little tot watch some unwatchable thing like the Teletubbies. The computer desk was also moved into our bedroom so that our guest room wasn't so crowded. In order to get the router set up, we needed to drill a hole in the floor and run a cable through the crawl space under the house. After some deliberation, Rachel decided it would be easier for her to maneuver in the crawl space than me. She's still half as big as me, despite the pregnancy. This was a big step for her, because she's scared of literally everything that could conceivably be living in an area underneath your house. So she put on shoes, socks, long pants (which were tucked into the socks of course), a long sleeved shirt, goggles (not work goggles, but swim goggles) and a stocking hat in an attempt to ward off the creepy crawlers. It was a pretty funny sight. Turns out it was relatively clean down there, and the job was pretty easy. I drilled the hole from the top, and she fed the cable through.

And that's how I spent my Saturday night.

As an aside, if anyone who hasn't seen Transformers yet needs someone to go with them, I'm your man. Fantastic movie. Can't say enough about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment