Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stop! Hammertime!

So tomorrow I start my 10 day summer vacation. Sure doesn't stack up against the 3 month vacations we used to get when we were kids, but I'll take what I can get these days. Rachel and I are off on a road trip to Fraser, Colorado. Fraser is a tiny little mountain town with not much around it. We're meeting other members of her family there for a relaxing week of doing not much. Should be great. Plus, I used to work at a ski resort not that far from there, so I plan on seeing some people I used to work with.


In other news, congrats to the OSU baseball team for winning another national championship. It's hard to wrap your head around what the team just did....but with the way the ended the regular season and eked their way into the tournament, it's the equivalent of what George Mason did a few years ago in getting to the Final Four. Only we won. Two years in a row. The team is fun to watch, for the most part they stay out of trouble (Mike Lissman is getting a bad rap in my opinion.....he was just following his mother's lead. He was wrong, and he was punished by the legal system. He didn't need to be suspended, especially for a first offense.) and they're mostly local kids. Plus, they've made baseball relevant in Oregon. I heard that little league participation in Oregon is at an all time high. That's great, because so many kids were abandoning baseball for individual sports like skateboarding. Baseball is a fantastic game, and I'm so happy that more people are discovering a love and appreciation for it.

One thing I've discovered over the past few days is that women love Darwin Barney and Mitch Canham. I'm pretty sure they will have no problem getting endorsement deals if they make the big leagues. The women at work were swooning over the two of them for the past few weeks. Rachel also commented on the difference in their appeal. "Darwin is more cute attractive, like a little kid. Mitch is more of a "put your wedding ring in your pocket" attractive.

I don't think we'll be going to too many Eugene Emeralds games this summer.

I also downloaded this biorythms application for my facebook account. Apparently these rythms are based on your birthdate and I'm not sure what else. There are three different rythms: physical, emotional, and intellectual. According to my biorythms, I'm about as low as you can get in all three. I won't peak until November 2008. Great. Not like I'm going to need my energy this year.

Alright, I'm out for 10 days....try to survive without my blogs. I know they keep you guys going sometimes. After all, everyone needs a little of the Snacks every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment