Friday, June 2, 2006

Turning the corner

Last night was a big one....I went from thinking "I might be getting a house and getting married," to thinking "I am getting a house and getting married." It's much more relaxing. It sounds like everything is going to work out great. We met with our mortgage guy last night and signed the papers. Funny thing was that on all the papers, the guy had written my last name as Persinger. I kept looking at it and thinking "boy that looks really weird." Rachel kept making jokes about how she didn't realize that I was taking her last name. That's when I realized just how big of a commitment she was making. She's not just marrying me, she's actually giving up a part of who she is. She's giving up the only name she's known for her entire life to take mine. It's quite a strange thing to think about, especially for a man. You think, oh wow, she's going to have my last name, that's awesome. You don't realize that she's CHANGING HER NAME FOR YOU. Very very humbling, and it just reaffirms why I'm happy I'm marrying her.


Not sure what my plan is for the weekend yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something. This time next month, I'll be moving into my very own home! How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment