Wednesday, June 7, 2006

The Early Bird gets the worm, but what if the worm sleeps in?

So I decided today would be a good day to come into work early and get some stuff done. I figured I'd enjoy coming in early more than staying late. So what happens? Usually everything from the previous day posts in the system by 3am. Today however, is not a usual day. Basically the system is running 5 hours behind. So me being here right now is pointless. I can't do the stuff I came in early to do. That's what I get for trying to get ahead.....I'm gonna get swamped anyways. Woo-frickin-hoo.


It's now one month and counting until the wedding. I feel that Rachel and I are on top of things. I've got a few things to do today, but then it's just kind of little stuff and making sure other people are on top of their part (the hotel, the dj, the reception site, etc.)

We went and saw the breakup last night. Not a bad movie. Jon Favreau is hilarious, and I thought they did a great job of capturing the uncomfortableness of a break-up while still keeping it humorous. Only problem was the ending. The movie went from about to 4th gear to 1st gear for the last 15 minutes. It slowed way down, and except for a brief scene stolen by Favreau, there's really nothing. I was warned about this ending, but once I thought about it, there really wasn't another way to end the movie. I'm about to give away the ending, so if you haven't seen it, skip the next paragraph.

You can't have a movie called "The Break-Up" that ends with people getting back together. Furthermore, they painted themselves into a corner by making the movie a comedy. It's not like finally breaking up with someone is hilarious. Yes, the stupid little games you play trying to one-up your significant other on the way out are funny, but actually ending a serious relationship isn't. So they had to end the movie on a serious note, which really killed the mood they'd built up. I just don't see how you end the movie otherwise.......unless you show them when they're 70 years old still pulling pranks and trying to make each other jealous.

Well I've been here for about half an hour now, and I'm still no closer to getting any work done thanks to this stupid system. Since we upgraded, my work productivity has been seriously downgraded thanks to this crap. Time to find something else to waste time.

No comments:

Post a Comment