Monday, June 5, 2006

Benefits of work and blogging

while i was working today, I came to a stark realization: I enjoyed working because it took my mind off everything else.


I didn't think about how I was buying a house without fully understanding what I was doing, (Grant, you've done an admirable job, and I definitely understand that this would be easier if both Jeanne and I were using realtors.) I didn't think about who hasn't RSVP'ed to the wedding, who forgot to write down guests names, why the hotel was telling our guests they're booked when they're not, who hasn't got fitted for tuxes, or what's being served at the rehersal dinner. I didn't worry about who is sitting where at the reception, if people are going to have fun, or if all the money we were spending was really worth it. (FYI, it totally is. It just doesn't seem like it sometimes.)

The only thing I thought about was rocking the shit out of some donations. I busted ass all day because Carla was gone again. That's alright, she can work by herself and stress out all summer while I'm getting married, sitting on a beach in Hawaii or having a second reception in Wisconsin. I almost stayed late just so I could not think. Then I realized I could come home and MySpace myself into a coma.

A few questions about myspace: Why is it that when someone deletes their profile, you still have the same amount of friends? I have 72 friends but when I count, there's only like 68. Furthermore, I can't figure out who deleted themselves. It's maddening!

I also wish that it was a requirement that people blog. Even reading inane things about peoples day is more fun than not knowing what they're thinking at all. I love the fact that Grant started blogging, and am deeply saddened that Joel doesn't have the time or the desire to tell me why Barry Bonds is a douchebag anymore. I even liked it when he tried to write "grown-up" blogs about the problems with the gov't or how Wal-Mart is killing the little man. But mostly, I like it when people write about the screaming baby at the movie theater or fill out some survey with questions we've all answered a hundred times. Bloggers unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment