Monday, June 26, 2006

OSU our hats are off to you

there's just something fundamentally wrong with sweating when it's 11:15 at night and you're sitting next to an open window in a pair of basketball shorts. That just shouldn't happen. Yet here I sit.


Work was alright today. I was a bit grumpy in the morning because I felt like more than my share of the work was being dumped on me, but I guess it's gotta get done and bitching about it isn't going to make the stack of papers on my desk go away. While I was busy trying to figure out how I could sneak out at 4 to go watch the game, I received an email. The entire office was closing at 3:30 so we could watch! Problem solved.

Never in my wildest dreams did I evision seeing OSU win a national championship in a major sport. Especially baseball. But sitting at Ruby Tuesdays watching Tyler Graham catch the final out with one arm around my fiancee has to be one of the best moments of the year for me. The sense of pride that I get knowing that MY school is the best in the country at something (especially something I love as much as baseball) gives me great joy. Made me proud to be a Beaver. I had some issues with the route we took to get there (leaving Nickerson in too long, playing offensively like we knew they were going to screw up (thank goodness they did), not going to Gunderson to start the 9th.......we came out on top. It is kind of sad that school is out and that most of the students are gone, because it would be one great party tomorrow when the team got home if everyone was there.

In other news, I get married in like 10 days. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment