Friday, June 30, 2006

end of an era

Well folks, this will probably be my last blog as an unmarried man. I'm breaking down the computer today and moving it over to the new house. I won't have internet until Thursday, and chances are I'll be pretty busy that day, so this is it. Within the next seven days I'll be fully moved into my first house and be married to a fantastic woman. Why is she fantastic you ask? Well I'll tell you:


Yesterday while I was at work, she had the day off. So did she relax? Nope. She moved damn near our entire apartment carload by carload, making trip after trip out to Albany. All that's left to do is move the furniture pretty much, which should take about one trip, since my dad's bringing down a trailer. Then she spent the entire evening cleaning the kitchen. Are you kidding me? Who does this stuff on their day off? My future wife, that's who.

Keep in mind that this is not the only reason I think she's fantastic. There's many, many more that I don't have the time to write down. You don't have the time to read them either.

In other news, I think I'm applying for a new job. I'm hitting the six month plateau that seems to be a killer for me. Actually I enjoy working here, but this other job is kind of exactly what I want to do, so I figure I'll give it a shot. I'm not too optimistic, but we'll see how things turn out. If I don't get it, at least I have a good job to come back to.

Enjoy your 4th of July! See you all on the married side of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment