Monday, July 10, 2006

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get maaaaaaried

Well we did it. Rachel and I are officially Mr. and Mrs. Lasselle now. Everyone tells you that you can't worry about everything being perfect at your wedding because something inevitably goes wrong. Well, looking back, I don't think I'd change a thing. It was fantastic. Everyone did a great job, everything looked great, and everybody had a good time. People kept playing practical jokes on me the day before the wedding to stress me out, but they were pretty good jokes so I was ok with it. Rachel's cousin called and said he was "Tony from Comcast" and wouldn't be able to hook my cable up until August 10th. I got pretty mad at him and had no clue it was a joke until he called back. Pretty funny. Garth told me he forgot to pick up JR so I was going to be down one groomsman for the wedding. I kind of caught onto that one right away, but in the back of my mind I was like "great.....I'm going to have to make an emergency trip to Portland the day of my wedding. And we discovered that we have a $1000 a day spending limit on our account when we went to pay for the reception. That caused a few tense moments when we thought someone had emptied our account, but everything was fine, and everyone got paid.


The reception was awesome. I got roped into singing "Ice, Ice Baby" in public for the second time in my life. I saw the video of it, and I'm not that great, but it was pretty fun. My career as a rapper is going nowhere. Grant gave a great best man toast, including calling me a "great mom." Back at the hotel afterwards, Erin had lit candles all over our room for us and we tried to use the jacuzzi, but the damn thing sounded like a jet taking off, so we decided to scrap that. We then proceeded to dump hot red candle wax all over the tub when we were putting away the candles, so it looked like someone got murdered in our bathtub. Our first night as a married couple we spend scrubbing our hotel room jacuzzi.

Thank you to everyone who made that night truly one of the best nights of my life, and a big thank you to my wife Rachel for making me the happiest groom ever

No comments:

Post a Comment