Tuesday, February 7, 2006

Can I borrow your legs?

Before I get to my post, I need to comment on the ad banner running across the top of my screen. It says "who would win in a fight?" and then there's pictures of bloodied Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie. Are you kidding me? I win a free shopping spree if I tell you who would win a ficticious fight? That being said......I think Aniston would win. I know that there's no question who the bigger badass is.....Angelina is an action star, she's got that bad girl look, blah blah blah. But she didn't get her man pilfered by some whore. The only true cliche is "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Aniston in a landslide. She might not even lose a button on her shirt.


Ok, now onto the post. I have been heading to the gym pretty regularly the past week. I've been running around 3 miles a day, and it's starting to catch up with me. My legs are so stiff. Plus, my running form is all off and I feel like I'm going to fall off the treadmill everytime I get on it. It's a terrible feeling to realize you're no longer an athlete in any sense of the word. My goal is to get back to that by the wedding. So far, no good.

I almost forgot to share the quote of the weekend with you all. I may or may not have mentioned that Rachel was pissed at me for buying too much food for the Super Bowl party. I said I was only going to spend around $20 at the store. I spent $40. So we're walking out of the store and she says "20 bucks, huh?" So I say something like "yeah, guess I screwed that up." And she says "It's like you have no concept of what things cost." Which is true. When it comes to grocery stores, I just buy whatever looks good without taking price into consideration. Anyways, so then I said something like "Oh well it's the Super Bowl." WRONG THING TO SAY. She gets all exasperated and says "We're trying to save money for a wedding, not feed the hungry!" Which would've made me laugh if I hadn't been in trouble and known laughing would only make it worse. Looking back, it's downright hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment