Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Badgered

While browsing oscars.com today, I came across the nominees for best animated short film. There's one called "Badgered." The synopsis says "A beleaguered badger tries to get some sleep."


...........ummm..............

A movie about a grumpy badger trying to get some sleep? Does it star my fiancee? OK, that was a total joke, you know I love you Rachel. In all seriousness, was there a shortage of animated shorts this year? Could I have made a movie about an uppity cow that won't give milk and won an Oscar? Or is this a movie that is brilliant in its simplicity? A beleaguered badger tries to get some sleep. Seems pretty simple. Although any movie you sum up in one sentence is going to be simple. Brokeback Mountain could be described as "gay cowboys struggle with their relationship," or Ice Age as "A mammoth, sloth and sabre tooth tiger come together to help baby human." Given that sentence, the movie sounds absurd. Well, ok, it is absurd. But funny! So I guess I should give Badgered a try. Where can you rent animated shorts, anyways? How does anyone see these?

No comments:

Post a Comment