Monday, February 6, 2006

Super Bowl Hangover

That "eat healthy" thing I tried to start the other day isn't going so well so far. I can't imagine the pizza rolls were very healthy for me.....or the summer sausage that I kept snacking on......or the potato chips.......or the cookies......you get the idea. They say that the average person consumes 1200 calories during the Super Bowl. I'd be willing to bet I was in the ballpark. Good thing I went for a 3 mile run before the game.


Shame on Grey's Anatomy for making last night's "Code Black" episode a two-parter. If you're going to do that, you need to give people advance warning. I was all jacked up for a resolution, and then they just leave you hanging with Merideth's hand on a bomb in a body cavity. I mean, come on. This isn't Baywatch or Walker, Texas Ranger. Those two shows must have set the record for most two-part episodes. I don't want to wait a whole week to see how they get the bomb out of the guy's chest without it detonating. And that's the damning thing about it.......you know that everything's going to be alright, no major character is going to be killed off, and yet you're still on the edge of your seat. It's like when you watched the movie Miracle. You knew going in that the US was going to win 4-3 on Mike Eruzione's goal with 10 minutes left, and yet you sweated out the last 10 minutes going "holy crap, the Russians could tie this up at any moment!" Damn you Hollywood for playing with our emotions like this.

Well it's about time to start another week at work. I'm on deposit this week, which means I don't have to scramble for work and do crazy side projects as much. I like that. Knowing what your day is going to be like going in. Gives you time to get your mind right.

No comments:

Post a Comment