Thursday, April 20, 2006

Yeah I beat up on girls, so what?

So yet another basketball game against a team consisting of girls. This one had guys though, so that's good. When we were warming up, I looked over and there's this team with a few girls....two that looked pretty good, and a 6'5 girl that looked really good. Plus, the guys on this team were huge. If they were animals, I'd say they were rhinos. I thought we'd be in for a decent game, especially when on the first play, I took a forearm to the face and got my contact lens knocked out. Then I found out that not only did these guys look like rhinos, but they played like rhinos too. Lots of running around with their heads down and not getting their arms over their heads. It was a disaster. We beat them by 50. My teammates loved it. I was bored. For the life of me, I can't figure out why these guys enjoy playing against people so much worse than them. There's no joy in beating someone you're supposed to beat. It's not even fun. But they love it. There's two brothers on our team, and their parents come to the games. At one point, their mom said "wow, we've really improved since last season." I didn't have the heart to tell her that little Johnny only scored double digits because a girl 5 inches shorter than him is D-ing him up. Pretty much I wanted to say "we still suck, it's just we're playing against a bunch of rhinos and women." Not that women aren't good athletes, but let's be honest here.......basketball is not one of those sports where girls can play on an even level with guys. I can think of a few sports where girls are on the level with guys.....golf and curling come to mind. I'm done playing with these guys. I refuse to take part in this debacle anymore. I paid $60 to play, so I'll finish out the season, but then I'm finding a new team. I'd rather lose by 2 than win by 50, and I mean that.


All I can say is TGI freakin' F tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend. Snacks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment