Monday, April 24, 2006

That'll Teach Me

So after I made some snide remarks towards my truck in the bulletin I posted this morning, Brown Sugar struck back. I should've known better than to diss my only method of transportation. B-Sug started alright....just like she does every morning. A few turns of the key, followed by a few pumps on the gas and she's off and running. I made it out of the parking lot, down the hill and onto Walnut. As soon as I got onto Walnut and tried to give it some gas, Ol' Sugar just started making noises like she was drowning in her own oil or something. Then the lights went out. Full power loss. Me, stuck in the middle of Walnut during rush hour. Granted, this isn't the middle of I-5 in L.A., but for Corvallis, it's pretty busy. There were a few honked horns and more than a few gawkers, but there I sat, hopelessly turning the key, only to get a feeble attempt from the engine. Then, I kind of got distracted, thinking about how I was possibly going to push Sugar anywhere safely, and turned the key while she was in gear and without my foot on the clutch. This led to a violent lurch forward and a loud, angry engine noise that sounded something like a baseball bat hitting a frying pan It also led to full power! Sug just wanted to let me know who was in charge. She's running like a Kenyan marathoner now. And I'll be sure to limit my negative comments around her from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment