Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A few random things

Somebody please please tell Stuart Scott that St. Louis is not called "St. Boogie." They are not the St. Boogie Cardinals. Charles Lindburgh did not fly the Spirit of St. Boogie across the Atlantic. I remember when Stu used to say things like "Boo-ya!" and that was as crazy as it got. I liked that Stuart Scott. This new one that says stuff like "LeBron got nutty with a crazy baduka dunk" and refers to having a great leaping ability as having "bunnies" drives me insane. Someone needs to clean house at ESPN.


I've always tried not to rip on people I know in my blog, partly because I don't think that's what blogging is about and partly because they might read it. But I'm really getting a little tired of my co-worker's work ethic. She called in sick again yesterday, and has a dr.'s appointment this morning. My guess is that she doesn't show up today at all. I'm not sure how she has any PTO at all. She gets 20 hrs a month, and she's already been gone for at least 40 this month. Granted she did take a vacation, but I think I'm going to start keeping track of this stuff. It's amazing.

I think my dad and his sisters need to go on Dr. Phil. My aunt Joan thinks we need to put my 93 (almost 94) year old grandpa under 24 hour care. My aunt Pam thinks he doesn't need hardly any care. My dad has to live with him and listen to his sisters tell him what he should be doing. I know they both mean well, but they also live out of the state and don't have to be there day to day. I don't think Dad gets the credit he deserves for doing what he's doing from them. Tough situation. I'm not sure what the solution is.

Happy anniversary to my mom, who celebrates her 13th wedding anniversary for the second time today. They say very few marriages make it to 10 years. Mom's done it twice! She's a trooper. Interesting note, it's also my grandparents 60th today. So happy anny to them too.

After watching Prison Break last night, I'm almost 100% certain they'll never break out. Too many people know what's going on. I've only watched the show twice, but both shows absolutely nothing went according to "the plan." How in the hell that's going to work out, I don't know. And I'm not sure why the work order on the toilet would be cancelled just because Michael got back into his cell. Wouldn't the work order be valid regardless? Or was the order never put through because of other stuff? Who knows.

I lifted weights for the first time in years on Saturday. My arms still hurt. I probably won't be doing that again for a while.

Finally a joke.

What do you call a girl with one foot on either side of the river?

Bridget.

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.

No comments:

Post a Comment